Wednesday, January 14, 2015

This Tired Old Thing?

So it happened. The day I knew would arrive has, the day that my re-interest in Druidry stopped being the new shiny toy. It doesn’t mean that I want to get rid of it, but like my kid’s Yule presents, it could easily be set aside to gather dust while I play with the next ultra-fun and NEW toy that comes along. Yep, totally bored rehashing my Druid past right about now.

I’ll tell you a secret though. This is a good thing. Yep, a good thing.

Only after the sparkle of the craze has worn off are we able to really begin the work at hand. It is like mediation, boredom in just one of the gates to doing it right. In order for me to truly become immersed in Druidry it must stop being a thing that is seen as separate, which is what the fun-toy approach does, but instead I must allow it to melt into my day to day life. So in order for that to happen not only must I keep playing with it, but I must take active steps so that my day-to-day life and Druidry just are.

I think I am on the right road for this. This past weekend, I took a few minutes to myself and performed a short ritual of, I’m not gonna say dedication, let’s go with vague intention. After which I set a flame on the small altar I recently erected as a mark of this. Now all that’s left is to keep practicing until there is no seperation.

Boidh Se,

-Cuchulain Duir

No comments:

Post a Comment